Friday, August 13, 2010

life is a piece of cake



One of the things I wanted to learn is BAKING a CAKE. Now, dream fulfilled! Although it’s a little too sweet, (coz we had to add powdered sugar to the icing to make it stiff) I still think I did a pretty good job. It’s not easy to make a cake roll! First, you have to sift and mix the dry ingredients, then beat egg whites and white sugar until stiff, then make the icing. It’s really a gruelling process for me because we cannot use any electronic appliances. It’s much easier if we’re allowed to use mixer! If not for the help of my classmate in baking class, Valerie, my first ever cake won’t look this good. But all the hard work is paid off when I see people’s reaction when I told them I made it myself. Sabi nga ni Roselyn, akala nya galing sa Goldilocks. What a compliment! ~_^ 


Next time, I would do the much simpler kind of cake which is the super moist round cake. All I need is practice. I can’t wait till I can bake for my son! I hope he won’t have toothache for his mother is an obsessive cake baker. Lol



☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺


C’mon take a bite! Don’t be afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment