Monday, October 18, 2010

Changes

Have you watched the tv commercial of an instant pancit canton? Where the daughter asks “Ma, mahirap po ba magbuntis?” Then the mother reply, “Mas mahirap maging ina.” I thought nothing could top my giving birth on the list of my tough things to undergo. But I was wrong. I was VERY wrong. Giving birth is only the beginning of the whole motherhood drama.

As I’m writing this, my son is soundly sleeping. After a series of attempts of putting him to sleep, finally he dozes off. Now I’m experiencing it firsthand. It’s not easy being a mother. My first four weeks of being a parent, I was so exhausted, so disoriented, and so emotional. Well, I’m still exhausted and sleep deprived. But now I’m adjusting little by little. I remember one time when Riley awakens around 1 am. He can’t seem to fall asleep. So I’ve done everything in my power to make him fall asleep. Just when I thought he was asleep, he’ll cry nonstop again. His outburst continues till 5 am. You can’t imagine how frustrated I was! I was going crazy! Occurrences like that make me feel drained. It’s like I don’t have the energy to go on for another day. But I have to do it every day. I have to take care of him. Bathe him. Feed him. Carry him. AKO. AKO. Puro na lang AKO! Hehe. Although my mother and sister help me, I know it’s my responsibility ALONE. I’m not complaining but it’s really hard. So my warning to those planning to have a baby, if you’re not really ready, DONT do it.

Hay. In a few minutes, he will wake up. Time to be a mother again. Sometimes, it’s easy to figure out what he wants. Most of the times, it’s a long and complicated process. But no matter what his mood is, I LOVE MY SON SO MUCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment