Sunday, June 26, 2011

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure


Last June 14, we went to our local Baranggay Health Center to have my son's vaccine for measles. Some Filipinos are taking for granted the importance of vaccine. I can't see why there are still cases of measles when it is preventable by just one injection. I read in an article that there are 44 cases of this disease in Bulacan alone! That's just sad to hear when you can have your child vaccinated in your local health center for FREE. As in free of charge! As for Riley, he already has vaccines for BCG (for Tuberculosis), DPT (for Diphteria, Pertusis, and Tetanus), CPV (for Canine Parvovirus), and Hepatitis B. Anyway, what I'm saying here, there should be no more excuses why we wont get our child vaccinated. It's for their own safety and as I'll repeat it again, it's FREE. We didn't pay taxes for nothing! Lol.


This is it! Awwww! :(

Yeah, it breaks my heart when I hear Riley cry like that. But it's for his own good. Good thing about him, the moment we ride on a sidecar, he stops crying. :)





No efforts can make him smile. He is in no mood to joke around. 
The memory of his injection is still fresh in his mind, I guess.


Well, that's it for now. The next vaccine he'll gonna get is for measles mumps and that will be after he turns one. Come to think of it, it's only three months away before he turns 1! Yay! Better start planning for his BIG day! Ciao! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment