I can't remember how many times I've wanted to pull this habit or addiction out of him. I just had some issues whether pacifier is good or bad to a child's teeth development. You can read it here. But each time I tried, I give in to his CRY. I can't help but feel pitiful and miserable for him when he started crying. So before you know it (and before our eardrums break) ayun nakasubo na ulit ang patupat nya sa kanya. But this time, I took my stand and decided the pacifier got to end NOW. At first, you can see him struggle. You can see him feeling something is missing. I can't blame him. He is used to having his pacifier as early as 2 months old. My mom came home one day with it and the moment she gave it to Riley, they clicked like old friends. Patupat and Riley became inseparable since then. We depended on his pacifier so much to comfort and stop him from crying. And so my son became dependent on it so much too.
Earliest photo I could find with the pacifier.
He is 3 months old here
I just felt that he is old enough to used it. And I also observed that his teeth are somewhat unaligned. I really don't care if he is the ugliest kid in town because of his teeth, I will love him just the same. But my greatest concern is I don't want him to be dependent in some thing that he can't live his life without it! It's not right. He should enjoy his life without depending on a non living thing. He is a free kid and no PACIFIER can take that away from him. hehe. It's a war and so far we are winning the battle. Hurray to him!
few days back: right after he wakes up he put it in his mouth
this morning: a little sad, I think he is still thinking of his patupat
ngingiti na yan! ayiiiiiihhh! hehe
so much better (and cuter) without patupat! :)



ang galing mo talagang magsulat joy, hope I can too..
ReplyDeletebasta galing sa puso, mgaling pag naisulat na. continue writing in ur blog ha. gusto ko tlga nkkbasa ng kht ano gling s inyo. :) nababawasan pg ka miss ko s inyo. :)
ReplyDelete