In less than two months, Riley would turn 2. The dreaded Terrible Twos! What could be worse that his kakulitan right now? I will soon find out.
There are so many things that has change since my last update about him. First is his speech. He has new words up on his sleeve. He can now say bird, airplane, shoes, apple, halika, sama, and sometimes he can say words clearly but it was a one time event and never repeated it. I now in time he'll remember every words. My favorite of his words is O-PO! :) One time I heard him say on his sleep that word! Hahaha. I always ask him, "Love mo ba si Mama?" and say "Opo" "Mabait ba si Riley?" "Opo." And when I say "Makulit ka e!" He'll shake his head and say "di." ^_^ He communicates a little better now unlike before. When he wants milk, he says and point to his dede. When he wants to read, he says "ba" and point to his books. (ba for basa). When he wants to go outside, he says "bas" and automatically get his slipper. I know in his second year he'll learn more!
Their brain is really like a sponge. They imitate, they remember, they absorb EVERY little details! One time, nagbukas ako ng shampoo gamit ang bibig ko. Next thing I know, ngbubukas na rin siya ng shampoo gamit ang bibig nya! Que horror! That's why I am watchful and cautious of every action that I did in front of him. Sabi nga "Kung ano ang ginagawa ng mga matatanda, ay siyang gagayahin ng mga bata. What I let him see is the positivity. Cleaning the house, fixing our bed after waking up, eating vegetable, praying. Simple things like that, that I know if he doesn't learn now will be hard to insists on him later. One time, we were about to go to sleep and I forgot to pray. Riley grabs my hand and put it in my head doing the sign of the cross. Children are really retentive when you teach them repeatedly. So let them see or do things that are worth repeating, ok!
I am also starting to reinforce to him some values. Values like cleanliness, responsibility, politeness, obedience, and being industrious. After he cluttered and played his toys or books, I ask him to please put it on its proper place. At first, he willingly obeys me. Some times he refuse and doesn't want to follow me but I tell him that he is the one who used it, so he'll be the one to clean it. And I always remind him "rules are rules" When I let him help me wash his clothes, and he started playing on the water, I tell him: "Wag mo na nga tulungan si Mama, hindi mo naman pala pinafollow ang rules." Am I being hard on him? I just want to correct him. Like his potty training. By the way, he is potty trained already. When I trained him at first, he was really protesting. He doesn't want to sit on the potty. He will cried and doesn't want to do IT there! But I patiently hold him and still insist that he poops there. I even hug him when he sits on the potty. Now, he is the one to hold my hand and lead me to the CR when he wants to poop! What I am saying here is: maybe at first, teaching them good values are hard. But we have to be consistent and firm. "A rule is a rule." "A bad habit is a bad habit." And we must correct them now or it would not be corrected at all!
We're not always that serious! Riley and I have a lot of fun! Yup! I feel closer to him now more than ever. There's this connection and bond that mother and son's have. Minsan, ngkabungguan lang ulo namin tpos hagikhik na kami. Minsan naman nahatsing lang ako, tawa naman siya! Hehe. Riley is a born comedian like his father! Minsan nagpapatawa siya, at cyempre kahit gaano pa kacorny un natatawa talaga ako! Iba pala ang feeling pag anak mo na ang nag eentertain sayo. His first year, I was the one to sing and dance and do funny faces to amuse him. But this time, he is the one to do those things to me and it melts my heart every time. You know what I find endearing the most? When Riley talks to other people, he always points to me and says "Mama" as if introducing me. I don't know why but I feel like he is so proud of me. He doesn't know that I am prouder of him. He is so pure and innocent and so loving. At 1 year and 10 months old, he made me feel loved. By his simple hug. His effort to make me laugh. His kiss. By openly showing his fondness and preference over me. What did I ever do to deserve such blessing? Whatever the future holds, whatever he becomes or whatever failures he will face in the future we'll work on it together. I will accept and love him as HE is. He can never disappoint me.
PS
In the middle of the night, while he is sleeping, I still marvel and gaze at his perfection. But I don't look at him like he is a fragile little baby. In my eyes, he is becoming a boy to me. Independent little boy. And I know I play an important part on how and what he will be. It scares me. Dear God, may I do the right thing everyday, choose the right decision, and make him feel that he is loved and accepted for who he is. May I teach him the true meaning of LOVE by my actions. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment