Saturday, October 5, 2013

Learning is Fun

To practice my son on how "real" school works, I devise this plan of having a school in the comfort of our home. Every morning after he wakes me up, I setup the table, get my teaching materials and make trick Riley into doing whatever our lesson for the day is!

Yes, trick is the word. It's because kids will always be kids. They will be distracted, make excuses, and most of the time they just want to play. Before, I let it go when he doesn't want to study. But since we have this mini school, the objective is for him to finish whatever the teacher (aka me) wants to do or he can't do whatever he wants. He can't watch videos or play the iPad or play outside unless he does everything I ask him to do. That's our agreement. At first, it was very frustrating to him. Some days are easier, some is very challenging for both of us. I know in time he will be ready for a real school. He still have a lot to learn. But for now, I am happy teaching my favorite pupil of all time!

serious sa simula

ayan na nabobored na

humihikab na

kung saan saan na tumitingin

iiyak na yan! :p

konti na lang anak

yehey! almost there! :)

the first thing they got to learn is how to write their name, right?
you can make one here for your kids

we also have time for coloring, reading and counting

And as promised, I let him watch Alvin and the Chipmunks after. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment