Tuesday, September 27, 2016

4 Days Before My Birthday

For some reason, my tear glands decided to make its existence known today. Maybe the fact that I'm going to turn 35 on Saturday is to be blame! :) But seriously, I stopped counting my age years ago. I only count all the good memories now. It's the treasured moments that I value now.

Some people think that I have a perfect life. Just because that's what they see. That's because that is what I let them see. In my FB account, I never ever post any negative things. Because what's the use? I only have ONE life. Why waste it in anger? Why waste it in envy? Why waste it in bashing someone? Why waste my time in things that didn't matter at all? But that's easier said than done. Because whether we like it or not, once in a while life throw something back at you that makes you question God "why me?" Sometimes you just don't know what's happening that makes you angry and confused and betrayed and left alone and you just wanna scream at the top of your lungs! Sometimes, I wonder why am I the way I am? Why are things harder for me but not to other people? Why do I always feel like on the outside looking in? Why do I always feel different from other people?

I thought I am going to sleep tonight with a heavy heart. But then while we are brushing our teeth, Riley asked "Are you a God pleaser?" Ako: Ano yun? Riley: God pleaser, you gave your best for God.

Then it dawned on me. I am feeling this way because I am seeking the approval of other people. I was so busy trying to win over the world that I forgot to please God. I was reminded again of who I really am. I am a daughter of God. I am loved, I am special, I am not alone. I'll never be alone! Whatever I am feeling right now - insecurities, worthlessness, emptiness, doesn't even matter in the greatness of God!

And what a wonderful revelation four days before my birthday!



PS. I really don't know how Riley came up with his comment. SO I therefore conclude, all kids are wiser beyond their years. We (and by we I mean the adults) should listen more to what kids have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment