Monday, September 12, 2016

Riley's 6th Birthday

Today, my one and only beloved son Riley turned 6! Six chaotic but blissful years of my life! There are times I still can't believe I bore this child and how my life has never been the same. Sometimes, when I wake up in the middle of the night and found him soundly sleeping beside me that I just stare at him and ask myself what did I ever do to deserve someone as innocent and as pure and as lovable as him? It never cease to amaze me how this little human can bring soooo much happiness to me! I gave him life but really, he gave me mine.


I never expect to have a child, I didn't. He came as a surprise. It's like a gift I never thought I wanted. I was hoping for a house and lot, expensive car, successful career, things that a single woman wanted. But instead God gave me a son. And you know what?! It's way BETTER than any material things this world has to offer! So I am forever thankful for this precious gift that God has blessed me with. I may never have another child again but having him is more than enough for this lifetime. He is my little miracle.

My prince charming

Ahh, my dazzling darling little Riley. He is so sweet, this boy. The things he do unintentionally but are nonetheless heartwarming. There never goes a day that Riley didn't give us a kiss or a hug or sweet words. It's just the way he is. Riley would always say to me "I love you mama. You're my best friend!" Or sometimes out of the blue, he'll ask "Can I hug you mama?" or "Can I kiss you mama?" Or he would say "You are beautiful, mama!" Or sometimes, when I'm busy doing in whatever it is that make teachers busy, he'll call my attention and say "Mama close your eyes, I have a surprise for you!" And he will give a drawing of the two of us with letters 'Riley love Mama'. Or when he fetched me from my school, which he always did, and he saw me teaching my students, he'll whisper in my ear, "You are a great teacher mama!" He also made a song for me, which he happily sings screams for me whenever I requested for him to sing. hehe. Or how he waits for me to come home and tells me "Tagal mo mama, namiss kita!" So many sweet words and I thought my favorite is "You are the best mama in the world. Thank you napalaki mo ko!" But just yesterday, he said to me "Mama, you're my hero." Gahhhh, I was holding back my tears when Riley said that to me. How often do you hear that from your child? I couldn't wait for him to grow up because I know more surprises are coming our way!




But then again, I think I can wait a little longer for him to grow up. In fact, I want a slow motion button so I can relish every single moment with him! I want to remember every tiny detail about him - the way he performed at his school, to how loud he laughs when he watched something funny, down to his singing in the shower. I don't want to forget how thrilled he is every time we go to Kidzoona or how his big eyes glow in the dim of the light while watching a movie in the cinema, to how frustrated he is when I say no to a toy he desperately wanted to buy. So many treasured memories that I never want to leave behind. I know the day will come when he'll be taller and bigger and older. He'll do different stuff and change all his childish ways. I know he won't be my little baby boy forever. One day I'll wake up and he will come of age and he will be all grown up. But right now, I am going to cherish every single day with him and celebrate life together. We are going to revel in our own little infinity. Today, I am going to love him like there's no tomorrow. Ayan, naiiyak na ko. (sniff!) haha!



Dear Riley,

I thought I would have to take a leave from work today but surprise, surprise biglang naging holiday ang birthday mo! I am so happy because there's nothing I want more than to be with you on this day! I don't know who's more excited on your birthday, you or me? Hehe. Finally natupad na din ang wish mo na magbirthday ka na! At cyempre ang matagal mo ng inaasam asam na pagbili ng toy! Kagaya na naman last year, sobraaaang tagal mong mamili! LOL. Pro sulit naman kasi masaya na ko pag nakikita din kitang masaya.

Riley, thank you for all that you do for Mama and Ina and Ninang Janice and Ninong Eddie-Boy and Daddy. How lucky are we to be showered by your love and affection! Your mere presence is a delight to all of us. Thank you because of you I became stronger, braver, calmer, and happier version of myself. Know that you are loved and accepted just the way you are.

So anyway, as tradition, here are my 6 wishes for you:
1. May you know God and Jesus more.
2. May you always have good health (tama na kasi ang paginom mo ng juice at pagkain ng junk foods!)
3. May you never get tired of telling how much you love us.
4. May you always be contented with what we only have.
5. May you grow up to be a good kid.
6. May you always be happy and jolly and gay!

Happy 6th birthday ulit anak! I love you with all of my mommy heart! Mwah!

Love,
mama




No comments:

Post a Comment