Saturday, April 10, 2010

Summer


I used to look forward for Holy Week, especially Good Friday. Coz that’s one of the few times my mother doesn’t have to work as a meat vendor in our town’s market. We took advantage of that fact that is why we always plan something special during those times. As a family, we want to go someplace we’ve never been to before. It’s sort of our family bonding and to give ourselves time to relax. To not think of anything but just having fun. It’s kind of ironic we do it on Good Friday, but as I told you that’s the only time we could really spend uninterrupted time with our beloved mother and to really be united as a family. But this year is different, no summer trip to look forward to. :(

The reason is that my eldest sister and her husband are now working in NZ. This particular sister is the one who always plans, organizes and searches about the place we plan to go. Without her now, no one really initiate to continue the tradition of going someplace new. Plus it’s kinda sad without her. It’s like there’s an empty place in our hearts that only she can fill. I think that more than the captivating sight, the time and memories we share as a family are what I look forward more.

Summer won’t be complete without my ate. We really miss her. Especially the things we used to do. I know they are planning to have a vacation here in the Philippines once they have an opportunity to do so. Anyway, just to look back, here are some of the places we already visited:

Bagac, Bataan


Mt. Samat, Bataan



Hundred Islands, Pangasinan



Crystal Beach, Zambales



El Sombrero, Batangas





And here are some of the place we could not wait to visit:

Boracay




El Nido, Palawan





Palaui Island, Cagayan Valley





Caramoan Island, Camarines Sur






Bohol 






I LOVE summer! I Love to discover our beautiful country! But I guess I have to wait a little longer to see those places... 



No comments:

Post a Comment