Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One & Only

There are times, I wish I can have another child. It's not because Riley is not enough! Riley is MORE than enough. But sometimes, I feel Riley would be happier if he has someone who he can play and interact every single day! Oh, he has playmates. Every afternoon, he spends his time playing with kids in our neighborhood. He adores them! To say that he seeks other children's company is an understatement. But when its time for his friends to leave, it sure is a heartbreak. Now, if I can give Riley a little sister (or brother) I think he would love that VERY much! Someone he can protect and play with 24/7 Mondays to Sundays and who will sleeps beside him. Even me would love that!

Riley and his friends

I don't know what being an only child feels like. Having 3 siblings, I grew up knowing I have someone to turn to at any given time. They are my friends, my foes, my critic, my companion and I felt secure knowing they're just there - living and breathing under the same roof. I never felt the need to have so many friends because I have them in my life.


Somehow, I am resolved to having an only child because of my age and status. One is my maximum when it comes to this kind of set up I have now. Maybe if the situation is different, I will consider having another kid. But one thing is for sure, having a child is a blessing beyond imagination. Whatever the circumstances are. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment