Monday, October 1, 2012

I am 31! So What?!

Everything changes when you have a different perspective of things. Something has changed in me. For one, my birthday doesn't bother me anymore. I used to don't like my birthday. On my last birthday, I was sort of sad. The years are dragging by and what's the point of dreaming? I am old. I am 31. So what then is left of me? A message changed all that and I have to thank my friend Carla. She wrote this beautiful message:
The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
No one is really old to live their own life. No one is never too old to dream a new dream. It took me all those years before I finally realize that I can do what I want to do. I can be what I want to be. I am accountable for my own happiness and my life is a personal matter between me and my God. I am no longer a slave of my insecurities (well, sometimes I can be). I am no longer afraid to speak my mind. All these and more. These are the gift of my age. The product of the years gone by. Sure, I'm 31! So what?!

I am ready to embrace my future. I have my son. I have my dreams. I have my friends. I have my family. I have my life. I have all the things I needed. All that's left is to have the right state of mind. And my story couldn't be more perfect! :D


2 comments: