Thursday, January 17, 2013

Domesticated-fied


What a title! lol.

Ever since my mom left us, we've been living on our own. When the idea of her vacationing with my sister for few months came up, I secretly wish she'll refuse. The idea of living on our own is terrifying. Who will cook for us? Who will pay the bills? Who will take care of Riley when I go to work? And whom I will turn to draw strength and ask for opinion for just about anything?

But when I felt that she's hesitant ONLY because she was thinking of us - me, Janice, Eddie-boy and Riley, I know that we have to let her go. I know she needed this. She needed a break. That's all we ever want for her. We want her to relax, to enjoy life, to just think of herself. All her life she always takes care of us. She always work. She is sooooo kind to everyone that I just want her to think for herself once in a while. 

And look what became of us when she did have fun! We became more responsible. More independent. More resourceful. And we became more domesticated. Me doing all the cooking. Janice doing the marketing. Us sharing in washing the dishes. And Riley trying to entertain himself when mama and ninang were busy. Yeah we became domesticated-fied. Whatever that means! And we are grateful for this discovery!

But of course, I still wish she was here in the Philippines with us to celebrate her 59th birthday. 




2 comments:

  1. Ah, sometimes, we really have to be left on our own so we will learn things we otherwise would have not known we are capable of doing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, we learn to cope with whatever situation we're in. :)

    ReplyDelete