Monday, January 14, 2013

I Believe


I’ve never been a somebody. I’ve always been the plain one. Never stands out. Or got picked in most parts. That's how I carry on with my life. In my younger years, it has been an issue subconsciously. But now I realize how petty that can be. You see, it doesn’t matter if I’m no one back then. Or I’m not the prettiest. Or the smartest. As long as I believe in something, I know now that I can make it. Regardless of whatsoever! I can be what I want to be. And that's what I want Riley to believe too:

HE CAN BE WHATEVER HE WANTS TO BE. He doesn't have to be the handsomest nor the smartest nor the bravest nor the strongest. He can be whatever he wants to be by just being his plain ordinary self. He can be whatever his heart tells him to be. He can have the life that he deserves. He doesn't have to have superpowers. He doesn't need to be a "somebody" to be successful someday!

Yes, even at two years old, I am certain of this. Anak, you don't have to be good at everything. Don't mind other children if they can count 1 to 10 already. If they can sing ABCs. If they can talk better than you do. Your future would not be shaped by those. If you put your heart and mind into something then you can achieved it. As a song goes “you will when you believe" All you have to do is believe! 







2 comments:

  1. Ohhh..i love this blog of yours! You're somebody with a pretty&angelic face back then (our high school days) and until now! Ano k b dami kaya ngkkcrush syo! Ako nga un may ganun insecurity noon kc tlga nman di me "kgandahan", but like you I overcome it! Kc I realize un perception or impression ng tao nasa sayo yan how you carry yourself! And its not important if we're not somebody here on earth...kc kay God we are always SOMEBODY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tama ka pau! sana noon p ntn nrealize n hindi mhlaga ang physical appearance at kung ano tingin satin ng ibang tao. thank you for your wonderful comment! :)

      Delete