Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Daddy Friend

The truth is I care for him more than I admit it. I can’t even hide my sadness when we said goodbye yesterday. I’m not good at goodbyes tlg. Especially when that person has given me so much joy. OO daddy friend has given me so much happiness even in a short period of 1 month. The memories we share are enough to make up for the lost years that we’re not able to communicate with each other. But of course, I wish it was longer.

Let me tell you a brief story of how we met. Well, dadi friend and I were schoolmates from grade 1 to grade 5. Back on those days, we would go home together. He said I’m always kind to him and that I always treat him the sidecar fare. But I don’t even remember that. What I remember was this funny, payatot, talkative boy who never fails to entertain me. We would always talk about “kids stuff”. I don’t remember what topic but all I remember was the warmth I felt whenever were together. That feeling of being secure just by him walking beside me. NAKS. Bata pa lang alam ko na yung mga gnung bagay?! Hehe. That’s how it all started. But when we were in grade 6, his family went back in their province Pangasinan. I thought that’s the end of our story, until he found me in FRIENDSTER!

OO, after 16 years of no communications at all, we found each other again! That friend request really changes my life. He said I’m the first one he searches. He said he never forgets my name. (unlike me who just remembers his first name.) Since then, we had our usual chat, and once in a while he would call. He even sent me money on my bday to buy myself a cake. And last Dec 4, he went back in the Philippines to celebrate Christmas!

I thought our first meeting would be awkward. But it was like when we we’re kids. He is still funny and madaldal. He told me I was his crush kc “mukha raw aq dyosa” when we we’re little. Lol. That’s his exact word. And I told him, he is also my crush. I don’t know. There something about this payat, bunot-like hair, small and big eyes boy that I find attractive. hehe. Anyway, that’s how he looks like then but now he’s taller, he’s macho, and he is soo gwapo. Plus I don’t get to treat him; he treats me all the way! As in “Joyce order ka pa!” hehe.

Aww! Just thinking about him makes me smile. We talk about lots of stuff. But this time it’s about “grown up stuff”. I don’t know if he’s serious about including me in HIS future. I dont want to commit anything to him and I don’t want him promising anything to me. It’s hard when you’re millions miles away. Besides what we have is special. I don't want to complicate it by putting a label with what we feel. I want to keep it this way.

Tomorrow is his flight back to U.S. He promised that he would still call and that we will still keep in touch. I’m gonna miss him. That’s for sure. Especially his laugh. And everytime he would say "miss na kita mommy friend."  I’m sure I’ll be a wreck in a few days. Maybe cry a few tears. But things will be back to normal as it always does.

Yeah...We’re gonna see each other again...  Someday… Our love story is not yet finish. It is only beginning. :)

What a way to end my 2009. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment