Tuesday, December 15, 2009

sober

I found out last Friday that I don’t like BEER anymore. I don’t like its smell, its taste, even its effect. Although, there was a time in my life when I like drinking it because of what it creates on me: TEMPORARY AMNESIA. When I was immature enough and confused between what’s in and what is right, I thought it’s cool to drink. I also thought alcohol can help me solve my problem. In a way, that's true. Because even in a short period of time I felt freedom from all the pain, hurt, depression, rejection or whatever I feel. But after getting drunk, the problems are still there, sadness still lives with me, and there goes my boring life again!
 
Now, gone are the days that I run to alcohol to escape from the bitter world of reality. I’m sober now. I don’t want to be intoxicated for me to forget all the things I’m running away from. I’m braver now to face them on my own.

Oh, I almost forgot. Another thing that I realized last Friday was, I am not yet ready to be in a serious relationship. But I do miss my daddy friend terribly. But until I learn to love myself first and appreciate the real me, I won't rush anything. Besides, things would fall into the right places at the right time. I'll just enjoy our time together while he's still here. And hope that tomorrow holds a brighter future for both of us! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment