Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm All Set For Christmas!

Hay. I’m so tired. Imagine I cook all the dishes then I wash the dishes twice! Plus I just finished wrapping my gifts now. Well our Christmas break started only yesterday so I’ve only accomplished all my “xmas to do list” today. But it’s ok. This year it’s all about being practical about my gifts. BUT with personalize touch and some loving effort!

Here are my gifts list:

1. Give gifts you want other people to give you. I love reading. And one thing I want to impart to everyone is the love for reading also. Reading awakens and stimulates the mind. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. A good book can take us in a world we’d never been to. So this Christmas, you bet I'm giving BOOKS to my friends and inaanak and nephews as gift! In return, feel free to give me a good book also.





2. Give something to munch for your friends. I wanted to bake crinkles for my friends/kumare but as I mention about our work schedules, I wasn’t able to. So I bought cookies instead, put it in this recyclable container, and decorate it. They will enjoy eating the cookies and then they can reuse the container also. It’s a practical gift!





3. Give children what they want. Kids love candies, that’s a fact. I bought these candies and put them in a toy like container so every kid that will visit our house can get as much candies as he/she wants! Now that’s a happy Christmas for them!





4. Give something personalized. It’s hard thinking of a gift for my relatives. Plus I really don’t have budget for it. So I thought of making a calendar that serves as an official family greeting card also. Its useful and personalized pa!



5. Give love on Christmas day! No greater gift is there than love. This is the best gift anyone can give this holiday season. A simple hug or kiss or smile is enough to brighten other people’s lives. What more if you do it for your loved ones db? Let us spread love, not war!




I’m all set for the holidays! Who says you can’t have a merry AND thrifty Christmas? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment